View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #9
Derek Pulcini
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G1 Clutch problem?

Alright guys I got to the golf cart this weekend it ended up being a bad fuel pump so I replaced the pump an the fuel lines because they looked a bit dry rotted. I also replaced the carb. I had the cart running great all day Friday it would spit an sputter a little but for the most part it was great! But then I went to go run it Sunday an i got it half way down the block an it died on me the generator was running but the motor wasn't an then I smelt gas and looked to find gas spewing out of the exhaust an the vent or air intake? On the side of the motor my neighbor who is pretty good with mechanics seems to think I may have a blown head gasket... You gotta be kidding me!!!! The guy I bought my parts from is going to look at it if indeed it is a head gasket I'm not going to throw any more money at it and just part it out. What I was considering doing though is parting out the engine an and leaving the drive train in tact an getting a replacement engine I was at tractor supply co this past weekend an they have quite a few to choose from from Honda to Briggs an Stratton if I choose to go this route do any of you guys have any suggestion? What size do y'all think? And would it even match up to the drive train? One again thank you guys for all your help y'all been great!!
Derek Pulcini is offline   Reply With Quote