View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
Ultra Lady
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: 79 Harley Gas Cart Fuel Delivery

I guess I missed a detail on those events. It ran backwards, but after I let the engine stop to shift to forward, it would never accelerate again in forward OR reverse.

Since that time, we've checked compression. It's up in the high 90's, so that's not the issue. We pulled the carb off, and went thru it, new gaskets, etc, but looks like someone has been thru it not long ago. We also adjusted the throttle and choke cables. With the carb back on the cart, we got it running but it runs very rough, sputters and smokes a bit, and just really doesn't seem to draw enough fuel to accelerate smoothly. After a couple rough runs, it finally stopped trying to draw fuel again.

I have to think that it's an internal carb problem, plugged passage maybe?, and at one point it was blowing bubbles back into the inline filter???

What I don't know is what adjustments need to be done to the carb itself, and in what order? Would any of the simple adjustments this carb have correct this low fuel draw and rough idle?

Any advice GREATLY appreciated. I hate to replace this carb if we can fix it.

Thanks!
Ultra Lady is offline   Reply With Quote