Thread: Battery Problem
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Problem

Did you get a chance to test it yet, Cammee?

RC has a good point - your connections are always the first culprit. There are 2 VERY important grounds that need to be clean, one is to the frame (the first stop after the battery on the negative side) - pull the bolt and clean up the frame where it makes contact as well as the connector(s) with a wire brush or some fine-grit sandpaper, if the bolt is rusty, replace it. Next, where the negative cable attaches to the engine is also very important, pull the long bolt that holds the cable in place and make sure you do the same as above, clean up the connector, replace rusted washers (or even the bolt if it's bad) ...

If that doesn't help, then working slowly and one connector at a time (so you don't mix them up putting them back on) pull and thoroughly clean your positive cables and connections, starting with the battery (make sure you leave the battery unhooked while you do the rest of them) and move through the wires to the forward/reverse switch, generator/starter, etc.

Also, check all of your accessories to ensure they are wired correctly and are not drawing any power while the cart is off. Depending on how they are spliced into the electrical system, you may want to consider picking up a 40amp relay and trigger it off of the ignition switch, using the output as a power source for your accessories (that way you know they are positively disconnected when the ignition key is turned off). I did that on my '88, and bought a cheap ($6) terminal block at Radio Shack that I use as a power distribution source - all my accessories draw power from there, some are still switched for convenience (LED's, etc).

Let us know what you come up with, Amigo!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote