View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 05:07 PM   #6
acrosteve
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Precedent I2 Excel MCOR 2 replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
The speed sensor is a VERY crucial part for an IQ or Excel drive system found on a Precedent. Without the speed sensor circuit connected, the car will run very slowly in a "limp-mode"

You need to find the speed sensor connector in your wire harness and connect it.
Thanks for that.
Yea, I have an I2 Excel

OK, but should I at least be able to get the drive motor to move without it at all? Maybe not full operation, but enough to know that everything else is OK?

I am working through things trying to get the motor to at least twitch and surprised that I am finding more than one thing wrong. I was told that there had not been anyone else looking at it before I got the cart.

1st was the MCOR not reading consistently on the adjustable lead. Then continuing my troubleshooting I hooked up a plain old 5k pot and still nothing. I was not hearing the contactor behind the batteries energizing.
Well, it seems that it is not consistently making contact when I manually energize it. Strange that I was not hearing it click, but I had voltage on the terminal.

I still would like to know with certainty how to connect the 5k pot.

I have a copy of the 2009-2011 Electric Precedent Maintenance and Service Manual. On page 14-6 it shows the yellow wire connected to the adjustable lead on the pot. I assume that is correct, but I came across another manual or two that showed the white wire on the adjustable lead.
acrosteve is offline   Reply With Quote