View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 10:41 AM   #1
lrizzo2001
Not Yet Wild

Default new HD rear leaf spring sag?

2014 Club Car Precedent with 6" lift. I didn't replace the rear springs at first, but then realized I had to, so I purchased a 4 leaf heavy duty leaf spring for the rear. after a few days of driving I noticed the rear passenger side is sagging. Upon looking underneath I can clearly see both leaf springs are sagging with no load. I do have the rear flip seats which I know add about 150-200 lbs, but the back right is sagging with nobody on the cart or rear seats. Upon inspection I discovered that the piece the rear of the leaf springs mount onto are laying straight out towards the back, whereas the driver side has a downward angle towards the back, this is clearly what's causing the drop on the right side which is about 2" lower than the left. I made sure the leaf springs are installed correctly, with the longer side going towards the front. The lift blocks that sit on the axle are not angled like others I've seen, and if I try to angle them towards the front when installing the springs, they will slowly roll straight up as I lower the cart to line up the center bolt on the springs to the hole in the top of the lift block. A friend told me he had a similar issue and it was the Spacer Rail Shackle that was loose where it connects to the frame, but I've inspected this shackle and it seems fine, When I lift the cart the 2 swiveling ears that connect the leafspring to the shackle will lay correctly, angled downward and back like the drivers side. as soon as I lower it, it will straighten more as if the leaf spring was longer than the other, but that is not the case. I'm stumped. I'm getting mixed feedback on whether or not it's normal for the leaf springs to sag down at all with. Others are telling me that the springs should not be sagging and holding their shape for the most part. Both springs are sagging with no load other than the rear seat, and the springs are rated for 250lbs each for a total of 500lbs
lrizzo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote