View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 05:08 PM   #10
Bob-0
Gone Wild

Default Re: 81 EZgo power and other questions.

The GX-444 has the drive clutch parallel to the rear axle.

Jon, your absolutely right... it is and will be a pain. BUT, the option is there .

I think the 4 cycle is the way to go.... but at other places people like to jump my case and act like I'm 4 cycle prejudice .

I honestly don't feel that the 2 cycle cars are worth what people are willing to pay for them. There isn't a market for antique golf cars, so you know they will only depreciate with time. So, if you buy a car for $500 and put in $500 in parts or mods, then your $600 in the hole the next year.

Where I'm at, we have a huge mix of both kinds. Most with 2 Cycle cars bought them new when they retired in the 80's... they're at the point where they don't want to buy new because their too old.... but when they used the car a lot for the first 10 years they didn't need to trade for brand new... theirs worked just fine. Now they use them to get the mail, take the trash out, walk the dog.... remain independent. But those that buy the 2 cycles as the second owner soon find that 5-10 years of minimal delayed the big problems from surfacing (worn rings, blown cylinder base gaskets ect...).

I think the 2 Cycle cars are great cars... I just don't think they are a good choice for someone looking for a toy and dump it when the fun is over (not worth the money lost).

Bob
Bob-0 is offline   Reply With Quote