View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 10:26 AM   #5
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need general "getting started" info on 96 CC...

I would get your self a service manual as it WILL save you time and money in long run.
If you have a lever under your right leg you have a series cart, and if you have a rocker type switch under your leg its a Regen-1 cart which would accounts for 2 solenoids.
Stock your cart came with a Curtis 250-275 amp controller and about a 3 Hp motor. In 1995-1997 CC used several different pot units ( throttle pedal speed controls ) and some are no longer availible, so you may depending on pedal castings ( 2 types used ) may when needed convert to modern MCOR control, or a Curtis PB-6 unit?
I would start with minimum of 4 guage multi strand welding cable cables through out ( battery-motor-F&r-etc ) to help with lost power because of lift and larger diameter tires.
Then when funds are available you might consider a higher amp controller 300-400-500 and possible motor HP update? I personally like Alltrax controllers and there are several different very good motor suppliers available. When picking motors-controllers combinations always give all information about lift, tire size, cable size, extra weight like rear seat and HD springs and future plans for cart to get best combination of performance available.
AND BY ALL MEANS USE OUR FORUM SPONSORS.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote