View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 07:20 PM   #1
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Attic air compressor

Ok so here we go. I got a really good deal on a 30 gallon compressor. Guy said it worked but it had some issues like it wouldnt stop running but it did hold air. I started working on it and realized it wouldnt build any pressure past 80psi. Hoping it was just reeds I popped the cylinder head off and found the piston ring is damaged. Looking around online it seems the only parts unavailable for this particular compressor are the pump components.... Go figure right... So now I'm left with just a tank but it's in good shape.

I'm thinking about mounting just the tank in the attic to save space then plumbing a drain line, input line and output line down into the corner of my garage. In this corner I want to mount a twin cylinder pump and 3hp motor. Keeping the pump and motor out of the attic should help keep them cooler and also keep the noise from traveling through out my house.

Other than a pressure switch, gauge, fittings and a decent size contactor I dont think I need much else. Any insight on this?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote