Thread: Primer / Sealer
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #22
aacorp
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Primer / Sealer

With a few more projects in the works, I decided to retire my HVLP gun to 'primer only' duty. It is just your basic gun, nothing fancy, but I make sure I have a good line dryer at the gun and a good Sharp air regulator. I have 2 additional, much larger line dryer / oil separators upstream in the air line. I also run 2 air compressors, 1 is a 220v 60 gallon tank plumbed into a 30 gallon tank (I don't run this one though, just use the tank), then a dryer into 25' of line coiled on the floor (to cool / condense the air), then into another line dryer, then another 25' of line to the gun reg and dryer. This might be overkill, but it took me years to figure this out so that I could get a large volume of clean, dry air. Can't keep trash from falling from the ceiling though....

Laid down a nice even coat of K36 primer, reduced.

I had filled a long scratch on the quarter panel of the body, and found that the primer sagged almost in line with that repair line. At the time I didn't think much of it, blamed the tight quarters, the lighting, late at night, rusty rythm, etc... Sanded it out the next morning, now I'm not so sure....
aacorp is offline   Reply With Quote