View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 04:50 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: E.R.I.C. Charger shutting off before full charge cycle

If I remember right, the factory algorithm for the ERIC should be doing something in the 65- 68v range during the absorption phase, and dropping down to the 56-58v range during the finish phase just before the charger turns off.
They CAN output up to 72v for certain batteries, but I don’t think they are programmed to go that high with the factory algorithm.
This MAY be too high for the T-875 batteries. There are different algorithms that are required for different batteries. Check the charger for the correct algorithm for the Trojan batteries.

I would make sure you have clean connections in the charge terminal, and have clean tight connections at the battery terminals where the charge leads connect. Maybe even cut the eyelet connectors off and strip an inch or so of wire back just to make sure you have clean wire at the ends. Doesn’t take much to get corrosion inside those smaller wires and cause a charging problem.

Since two chargers acted the same way, on two different battery packs, that points to it being something wiring/connection related on the cart.

The controller on the ERIC carts has nothing to do with charging. It does determine charge level to turn the battery light on, but no part of the charging process goes through the controller. That’s all done by the ERIC charger.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote