View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 11:16 AM   #1
kcc865
Not Yet Wild

Default E.R.I.C. Charger shutting off before full charge cycle

I have a 2014 Club Car Precedent JE127 prefix. Customer came in saying they needed new batteries that their cart wasn't making it around the course anymore. After looking at the batteries and seeing they were 2016 T875 I figured it may be more than a battery issue.
I charged the cart overnight, then unplugged and replugged it back in to top it off in the morning. Upon unplugging the charger after cycle was complete, Battery pack was only showing a voltage of 49.1 Volts.
When charger is plugged in, the charging voltage is reading like it should at the high 50 volt mark.
I know the ERIC chargers eliminated the OBC on these newer models, so for testing purposes I grabbed another ERIC charger off my fleet and let it charge overnight, again same response.
To eliminate any battery issue, we put in a new set of batteries for testing purposes, again shutting off at the 49 volt mark.
I currently have the cart on a discharge machine and from the looks of it, its most likely going to fail that test as well.

My questions is, Does the controller on these carts have anything to do with the
charging cycle since the OBC is built into the ERIC?
kcc865 is offline   Reply With Quote