View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 12:59 PM   #1
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Adding Alltrax SR48500 To 2000 DS 36V Series Cart

Well i picked up an electric cart, its a 2000 ds 36v series v-glide cart with the resistor bank, no controller or on-board computer. it needs the batteries replaced so i will be converting to 48v. I already have most the components to install alltrax 500 amp controller as well. Its been awhile since ive looked at the things i have for it so i will list the items and if there is anything im missing maybe you guys could lead me in the right direction. I plan on leaving the stock 36v motor to get a little extra speed with the 48v pack. Also have some wiring questions regarding the controller and also addition of an on-board charger.

Here is what i have so far:

Alltrax 500 AMP SR controller - SR-48500
Heavy duty 48v 400a solenoid - MJZ-400A
Diode # IN5408 3A
Also have the larger diode
Diode # MR574
Resistor 48v 470ohm 10watt
Bussman ANN-400 Fuse
Approx 40' #2 AWG high voltage wire -tinned and about 3/8 thick insulation.
Have assorted 5/16" lugs and hydraulic crimper for making the battery cables.

Have not purchased the f-n-r switch yet.
On the fence on weather to use the heavy duty one or go for the reversing contactor setup.

Need to know weather 18AWG wire will be sufficiant for all the control wiring throughout the cart (going to completly rewire it) or does it need to be 16awg? I can get 18 in many different colors is why i am asking.

I have picked up an assortment of suggested resistors to modify the v-glide assembly for throttle control. Cant remember if this makes it a 2 or 3 wire setup? I know the controller will work with either. May eventually convert to mcor setup.

Couple questions regarding the micro switch wiring for the alltrax controller, the print shows what I'm guessing is 4 different micro switches. The "foot switch" is obviously the one in the vglide assembly. Is the "half speed reverse" switch coming from the f-n-r switch micro switch? Also what is the "anti-arcing" switch? Guessing it is the other one on the f-n-r switch that drops the power to the contactor when switching from forward to reverse? Then "ms4" reverse switch which controls the buzzer and I will be removing.

There is no on-board computer in this cart. The wiring diagram for the alltrax shows a couple wires going to the on-board computer. Are these Necessary or can those be left out or reconfigured to work without the computer? Going to delete the reverse buzzer. It shows a yellow wire coming from the main solenoid going to the obc. Also wire going from the battery warning light to the obc, don't care for that indicator light either.

Also on the topic of the on-board computer, think I am going to go for on-board charger. Can these be hooked up/used without the computer? Looking at the Lester summit ii on-board charger. Where does the 3rd wire connect to?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7565.jpg (157.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7561.jpg (241.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7562.jpg (234.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7563.jpg (179.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png alltraxccwiring.png (80.8 KB, 0 views)
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote