View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: jerking my a** off

In trying to solve problem I assume that normal tests have been done like checks to battery cable connections to F&R control, F&R internal contacts, motor, corrosion of cables, POSSIBLE LOOSE plugs ( not snapped into place ) at MCOR, defective solenoid that losses internal contact causing a on off condition, etc? Does the Cartzone high speed motor happen to be a 2 speed and if so were checks done to switching, and was drive bumper unit replaced inside motor shaft spline area? When you changed MCOR did you replace any of the pedal linkage going to MCOR? Its possible that you have wear in accelerator bracket bearings, accelerator pivot rod assembly, accelerator drive bar connecting to MCOR unit? Any slop could cause pulsing of MCOR by parts flexing when cart is in motion and would show up more at light pedal operation? When you take accelerator pedal in hand and move from side to side and up and down is there seem to be any major looseness, if so compare with another like cart? If all linkage shows tight then possibly tests must be done to MCOR as even new ones can be defective. Do you have a digital volt amp ohm meter that you know how to use to do some testing?
Some other things I found though the years that gave similiar problems were loose rear spring bushings, center spring bolt broken off allowing spring to move and loose U bolts that allowed differential to twist and move around, differential tracking off to one side ( dog legging ).
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote