View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 03:00 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Navitas controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSLINGER250 View Post
I understand the ezgo rxv ac motor is no comparison to the torque of a a dc motor as far as climbing over logs up hills and the cart being loaded with seed sacks and fat folks. I have the new batteries I've changed all my cables to 2 Awg because I'm an electrician and get free wire I knew it wouldn't make a performance change on the cart but why not make bigger cables if you can. Now I've seen this 600 amp navitas controller for these carts and just want to know would it make a difference in power on this cart or is this rxv motor basically giving all it can with what it's got. Thanks everyone for your answers on prior posts also.
The stock 235 Amp RXV controller is actually 105 Amps more powerful, it is just turned down to well below the full 100% of its rating. E-Z-GO has the controller turned down to limit performance, and limit their exposure to injury lawsuits. We can turn up the performance of the Curtis controllers to the full 100%, but not the Danaher controllers.

The torque of an AC motor is much greater than the same capacity DC motor, and does so with less power consumption. Now when someone puts large tires on an RXV (or any cart), it greatly reduces the torque to the ground.

Larger battery cables do make a difference when the stock controller is turned up to 100% of its rating. I recommend 2 guage cables.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote