Thread: budget lift
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #9
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: budget lift

Just to add(and you are free to do what you want or think)"A little golf-cart" weighs over 700lbs ad in the weight subjected to one edge of one puck when you get it tipped up on an angle,and you now have 700lbs+ driver,riders,accesories,and the initial impact-weight of hitting whatever you hit with said corner of the cart(say for example: 1800lbs. of force hitting the wheel on a jolting downhill bump!)now how is that puck going to hold up?Plus as many have tried to justify in the past on trucks(and I have built lifted trucks since the Mid-Late 80's!)by the time you buy enough to do the job and them all,you could be already done with steel-blocks cheaper!Price out a comparable chunk of steel to your dimensions of all the pucks you need(say 1 foot for ex..)12 pucks at at least $2 each or 1ft of 3" solid-round for $6-$8/ft.Its' your choice and your cart,Do as you wish,but you will be much happier with it done once correctly.There have been to many out there that decide to reinvent the lift-kits(or other things)without understanding the negative results,then they bad-mouth the topic,saying things like lift-kits are dangerous,cause I had one that fell apart and we got hurt!Dave,I agree why screw-around for that price?!
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote