View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 01:05 PM   #10
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO 2Five Lithium Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernito View Post
If they can do that, will the conversion essentially be plug and play? Can I just trace the wires to their connection point on the cart and simply swap out the lead acid batteries for the lithium pack? I would think that would work for the cable with the Anderson connector going from the battery to the solenoid. Do you agree?

I am not sure where I would connect the other two wires that are connected to the positive and negative posts on my existing batteries since the lithium battery pack only has a SB175 Andersen Connector?
I got that plug with my pack. EV Center recommends a fuse in the "+" wire. I put a HDPE floor in my battery tray. I bought two ANN/ANL fuse holders and screwed them to the floor. On one stud I connected the "+" ring from the cord. On the other stud I connected the OEM "+" wire from the controller and put an ANN fuse between them. For the negative I used another fuse holder and connected the rings from the pack cord and the controller to the same stud. I also attached my DVM wires and reed switch bypass to these terminals. I could have also used these to run power to a voltage converter also but I opted for a separate AGM 12v battery for accessories.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EVPakfuses.JPG (61.9 KB, 0 views)
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote