View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 02:56 PM   #10
RoadRunner
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Your Custom Radio and Speaker installations

The most recent project on RoadRunner was the addition of a stereo; you can see one of the speakers in the kickpanel

The radio install.... This ended up being far more time consuming than I had thought . I spent altogether TOO much time trying to fish the wires down the aluminum windshield supports. I finally gave up :( and ran the 6 wires down the outside, inside of some loom tywrapped to the supports. Perhaps someday I'll give another shot to getting the wires inside the support.
I settled on a Sony radio from West Marine, mainly because the speakers were intended for use on a boat, where they could (and would) get wet. I also went for the full waterproof enclosure to mount the radio chassis in (also from West). That way when the cart gets washed, no worries. The radio sounds great , now while we are watching the sunset over the marshes, enjoying our 'grape juice', we can have some mood music.......

Since the pic's were taken, the speakers have been repainted black, under a directive from SWMBO.... I had several votes for yellow, but......
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote