View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 11:13 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 36V FR switch on a 48V cart 700A controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDPII View Post
I have just installed a 700 amp controller on my 48V club car and I was told by my local guy that the 36V Forward Reverse switch is heavy duty enough to handle the upgrade. I got into the project and did the controller with no problem but once I took a look at the 36 volt switch nothing seems to line up. I was told I would lose my reverse buzzer which is already disconnected anyways so thats not a big deal. Has anyone else heard of this as a work around for an upgraded F/R switch and if so could you possibly post some wiring pics or diagram for this noob:) I would call my local guy but he is outta town for the holiday weekend and I would like to get the cart running for Sunday. Thanks...
Been working at a dealer for 9 years now and I've never seen a 36V F&R Switch melt... Seen plenty of 48V ones do it... The Club Car Torque Drive kit for 48V cars actually comes with a 36V F&R Switch... It's plenty heavy duty for that kit which includes a 400 amp controller... I would imagine it would work just as well for the 700Amp... it's pretty beefy... About three years ago I completely quit using the 48V one as a replacement part, the 36V one is cheaper, and tougher...... It's a win-win situation. The story about you losing your reverse buzzer is crap though... All you've gotta do is take the three micro switches off of the 48V switch and mount them to the 36V switch... It all works the same way....
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote