View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 11:39 PM   #1
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default G2 Front Hydraulic Brakes

Looking to share a idea I'm building to see what type of interest there is. Front Jake's brake kit on stock G2 a arms. Adjustable camber and caster --- stock height. I'm removing the outer end of the a arm - the king pin bracket - replacing it with a 2" wide by 3/8" thick by 6" long. Drilled - slotted - hole sawed to fit the end of the a arm. Uses 2 - 1/2" bore by 5/8-18 male heim joints to attach the spindle to the a arm with a 1/2x6" grade 8 bolt. The male heim joints use 2 flange nuts making it possible to move the upper joint in and out setting the camber --- the bottom hole is slotted so you can set the caster and you can move the joint in and out also.
I finally got a G2 Brake Kit that I can use to mock up the set up and get pictures. Over the next few days I'll post pictures of my progress.
Remember - no lift kits needed to run this. In the future I'll share the bracket dimensions and numbers for hydraulic rear brakes with parking brake. Jake's use WilWood brake products and what I suggest is the companion calipers just like the front only with a cable park brake.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote