View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 03:52 PM   #1
Tireguy7606
Getting Wild

Default 06 Club Car Precedent stops on the same spot on a hill.

I just purchased an 06 Club Car Precedent 48volt system with 4 12volt Crown 2018 Batteries that were installed on Feb 19. I'm pretty sure it is bone stock. I installed an analog state of charge meter I have checked the water level in the batteries. I tightened all of the cables and fully charged them before letting my daughters go for a ride around the neighborhood. When I press on the throttle I can see the state of charge meter dip (as it should I think) when it is load. It never dips into the red but just enough to know its working. I'd say about a 1/4 inch. After about an hour of riding around on mostly flat streets and 1 little hill the thing stops. Always on the same spot on the same hill. I press the throttle and the gauge never moves. It's like it gets hot and shuts down for protection. I would think if the batteries were low the gauge would dip to the red or move some bit it does nothing. It still shows just under fully charged but will not go forward. If I put it in reverse the buzzer sounds. But it will not go. After a few minutes of sitting It will pull itself a little but stops again. I dropped it off at my local Hyster dealer and they have been driving it around all week to try to replicate the problem but cannot get it to stop. Could the motor be getting hot climbing the hill with 2 90 pound girls on it? Could it be the controller? I'm no expert but I really don't thing it is the batteries but I have been wrong before.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tireguy7606 is offline   Reply With Quote