View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 10:15 AM   #1
zielritter
Not Yet Wild

Default Spoke too soon - problems

So I jinxed myself the other day by saying my cart was in good order. After months of running like a champ, even after winter storage, I feel like I'm at square one. Last wwwk I ran it harder than usual for no more than a minute or so on a park run with my son. After it sat for a while we hopped on to get home. The engine was hesitating from a stop like it had no fuel but then after toying with the choke it got its power back.

Once I got home I noticed that the clutch was stuck in a higher "gear". Two of the steel balls had managed to lodge themselves stuck between two metal pieces effectively preventing them from moving. After I fixed that and got everything together it had no power at all. It would barely creep forward. Played around with the carb adjustments to no avail. Muffler also doesn't seem clogged as I feel air coming out.

It feels similar to before when I wasn't getting fuel and had to replace a crank seal and reed valve. Hopefully I didn't fry something in the cylinder. It also is harder now for me to push. Like something is catching on the inside although the motor turns over without any noises like the rod is toast.
zielritter is offline   Reply With Quote