View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 01:17 PM   #5
SanDiegoG1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Has fuel but wont run without Starting fluid

Thank you for the manual, I printed it out and put in a binder. Should be a lot of help so thanks again.

Not to argue, but I cant imagine this little mechanical fuel pump being able to squirt an Oz/second through that little fuel line?? And I'm sure the crank seals aren't great on this old cart, but it was pumping enough fuel to run prior to the fuel pump breaking (rubber grommet broke off inside) only a week ago.

One possible issue I noticed when pulling the fuel pump, the "pulse line" tube had one black tube and at the end of it (where it hooked up to fuel pump) it had a piece of clear tubing to either extend it so it would reach or so it would be a little larger and able to fit onto the fuel pump. Maybe it could be leaking a little from there or I could have a crack in that line somewhere? Just trying to eliminate all possibilities before replacing crank seal

Either way though, this fuel pump should be squirting fuel is what I'm gathering from you guys? should it be constant stream of fuel when I turn the key or am I looking for it to sort of pulse/squirt out of the line?

Thanks again guys
SanDiegoG1 is offline   Reply With Quote