View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 08:59 AM   #1
fstop
Gone Wild

Default Lithium / BMS basic wiring diagram

Is this the basic wiring involved in a BMS (Chargery, for example) managed lithium pack?

Questions would be:

1) What are the coil voltages for the cut-out solenoids (Chargery unit in this case...)?

2) The charger cut-out solenoid doesn't have to be a crazy high-amp unit I'm assuming? The load side / discharge one Does, I take it, same as the one in the cart (which I've upgraded to a super HD one). My controller is 600amp max, but probably never gets to that point, and if so only for a second or so I'd guess...

3) I suppose any communication between charger and BMS is optional, and depends on your charger and BMS. What is the advantage of choosing BMS and charger that DO communicate? I assume you could still use a programmable voltage cut off charger, but otherwise a non-communicating / dumb charger and just not use the BMS's ability to control a charger, and the BMS would connect / disconnect / balance even when using this type of charger?

4) BMS power - what's the consensus on this? Power with the lithium pack's total voltage? Some kind of separate power source?

Thanks for any thoughtful schooling or assessment of my understanding - I'm getting closer to ordering a bunch of stuff I don't know much about that will chew up a lot of time when it shows up on my doorstep...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lithium bms.jpg (140.4 KB, 0 views)
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote