View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 11:11 PM   #9
BigMikey
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Precedent IQ - Beeping & Regen on downhills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
If that Diode on the gray wire that goes to the Controller Pin #9 is bad, it will do exactly as you described.

The condition is caused when the cart tries to go faster than the accelerator pedal position is requesting, when the Controller tries to activate the Regen brake to control the speed, it triggers a "Main Dropout Error".

That diode prevents that error condition from happening.

If You know where the diode is located in the harness you can test it.

So I disconnected and removed the batteries. I got to the diode in question... in my case it’s from the tow switch(blue)—>diode—>red(split to solenoid and OBC).
IMG_2052.jpg

I get the correct voltage drop ~0.4v in one direction and open lead (OL) in the other. I know this indicates that the diode passes a basic meter test. Could still fail under a heavy current load.

Then I hook it all back up and test run goes fine without issue. Batteries were disconnected for about an hour so maybe that’s enough to fully reset the OBC and controller.

I’ll keep you all posted as it’s been intermittent between charge cycles but before the strip down today it did it 4x times in a row after charging. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BigMikey is offline   Reply With Quote