View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 04:50 PM   #1
thinfire
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Front Lift Steering Problems

This is my first post so forgive me if I don’t get everything quite right.

This is my first cart but I am no stranger to mechanics, so how hard can it be, Right?

This started with a 4” block lift kit and some 23x10.5x12 AT tires, Simple.
I quickly discovered the right tire was rubbing on the brake arm and locking up the right tire on a hard left turn.
I thought that wheel spacers might solve the problem as well as adding some much needed stability. I installed 2” spacer’s front and back. It is stable now but still rubbing the brake.
After much research on this forum I guessed that extending the front axle would give me the clearance that I needed from the brake. The extensions I fabricated worked and gave me the needed clearance from the brake but another problem has reared its ugly head (this feels like whack-a-mole). It seems that any hard left or right turn will allow the inside tire to turn-in, independently of the other tire and contact the leaf spring (see pics).
Undoubtedly the tie-rods are off their normal position after the extension, but what would be the fix?
I can’t be the only one that has tried to make this kind of mod to a cart, so why is there so little info on it?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

2000 Gas TXT Shuttle 2x2
4” block lift kit
4- AT 23x10.5x12
4- 2” Wheel spacers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3815.jpg (193.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3816.jpg (194.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3813.jpg (203.5 KB, 0 views)
thinfire is offline   Reply With Quote