View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
stevewtucaz
Not Yet Wild

Default Full charge. Won't Go.

I'm the poster child for abuse of my golf cart. I have a 2005 Club Car Electric IQ 48V Regen (not sure what that means, but learned it from another thread about how to understand the serial number). Recently, after completely expiring the charge, I towed it back to my house with my truck. My son was in the cart and had the emergency brake on (even though I asked him if it was and he was sure it was not - shame on me for not checking myself). The even bigger mistake was not switching the Run/Tow switch to "tow" before pulling it home. When I got it home (~1/2 mile), the cart was stinking. I thought it smelled like burning brake pads and assumed that is what it was. I charged it that night and played a few holes of golf the next day. It seemed to perform fine, but continued to stink - although to a lesser degree. My daughter and her friends then took it out and got stranded. When I went and got her, the charge meter showed it with about 1/2 charge left. I towed it back (without the brake on and with the tow switch in "tow"). When you depress the accelerator, you hear the normal "click", but it doesn't go. I recharged it completely, but still no go. I'm thinking we may have ruined the motor. Thoughts? Ways to test? Any help is appreciated.
stevewtucaz is offline   Reply With Quote