View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default To charge or not to charge.... wtf is the question?

The cart for the most part runs fine, headlights on and bright, everything seems good. Then it seems like sometimes the S/G is not charging, lights dim, has trouble staying running. Or will die out and not start right away. After waiting a short time anywhere from 15 to 30 mins it will start and run again as if nothing was wrong at all.

Got it back to the garage last night and checked the battery charge and it was discharged. It was at 11.8. I checked the changing at the battery terminals while in maint mode and the rpms at normal running levels and it was at 12.8ish. This was right after I drove it back about a miles with no problems. I had the lights on while doing this testing, too.

I did some searching here and I got some ideas. I'd love to check some stuff like the changing going to the volt reg and from the S/G but right now I'm 25 miles from the cart and not able to go to it. Pitfalls of not trailering in the cart every night for work, which I don't have a trailer for it yet, anyhoo. I pulled the battery and am charging it now. Will do some checking when I get to the cart but looking for any insight before I get to it.
Pipsta is offline   Reply With Quote