View Single Post
Old 10-03-2022, 08:59 AM   #9
AEmedic
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G2 Paint, lift and Lights

I wanted to comment on the Gusto seat fitment...

It does not fit the G2 well, at least not mine, and required modification and allot of struggle to get it to fit...

Because my cart did not have the bag holder brackets on the back of the seat-back support, the kit provides alternate instructions for the placement of some supplied angle brackets. Their instructions for that bracket placement are incomplete and wrong! They said the brackets need to be placed 18" apart but that is not correct. Ultimately, I found that they needed to be approx 19" apart for everything to line up. The instructions also do not tell you how to align them vertically, which one is right or left, or how to orient them, since they are not symmetrical... I just had to guess and go with it... I placed them with the 45* cut corner up and the vertical support mounting surface towards the centerline of the cart.

The next issue I found was that, once everything was assembled, the front of the seat platform was 2" lower than the rear and had to be forced to reach the vertical support arms/brackets that attach to the seat-back support. In order to make the platform level I needed to move those vertical support arms/brackets up 2" and re-drill the holes. The platform had to really be manhandled to get it to reach the attachment point on those vertical support arms.

The platform sits approximately 3.5" above the deck of the cart.

This rear seat may be the best option for the G2/G9 but it does not fit well...I don't think that most owners would go through the hassle to make it work.
AEmedic is offline   Reply With Quote