View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 09:30 AM   #6
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Precedent Front Bushing Install Issue - Bushings too wide for clevis and kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
I'll agree that a previous owner probably tried to "tighten it up" without actually replacing the bushings that had crumbled away. Spread them a little, tighten it in with the new bushings in place and you should be fine. You'd be amazed at how many come in with no rubber left.
I recently had an owner drop his cart to be checked out for "noises". Found the spring eyes were cutting a groove in the 8" stock wheels. He declined the repair.
I had one brought to me once and the complaint was he thought " The front brakes are scrubbing. " ...... ? .... In his case there was nothing where front bushings should have been and the leaf springs on both sides were dragging on the inside of the rim. When I jacked the front end up both front wheels were flopping around like a fish out of water. It steered like a runaway wagon with a three legged mule. Had to replace all the front bushings, then also do the rear springs.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote