View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 10:52 PM   #1
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Testing an FSIP controller

I'll preface this by saying the problem started after I adjusted the trim pots on the controller. I adjusted the current limit and acceleration to max (all the way CW).

I drove out of my garage just fine to the street, stopped it completely, then floored the go pedal and the cart surged forward about a foot then dead. Solenoid clicks but no movement in forward or reverse.

A few things I've done to troubleshoot:

1. Checked all connections to make sure they were tight.
2. Disconnected pins 2 and 3 from the controller and got 0-5k on the PB-6 pot.
3. I get pack voltage on the small posts of the solenoid when the go pedal is pressed.
4. When I connect my DVM to M and B- on the controller, I get pack voltage when depressing the go pedal just enough to make the solenoid click. But shouldn't the reading drop back down to zero when the pedal is fully depressed? Mine doesn't.
5. When I connect my DVM to S1 and A1 on the motor, put the cart in forward and press the go pedal, I get nothing. Switch it to reverse and press the pedal I get pack voltage. Same thing on S2 and A2; pack voltage in reverse, nothing in forward.
6. The motor tested fine.

I'm stumped. Is it the controller? If so, it's weird that adjusting the settings would cause this because I've had zero issues with it over the past 4 years.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote