View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 07:03 AM   #1
Pepe30269
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2003 Club Car Silver Standard

We have a 2003 Club Car that we use as a backup. Batteries are two years old and is in good shape but late last summer it started having some issues so I put it in the storage barn to look at it when I had time. Since the newer cart we have apparently has a need for a new motor, getting the spare running has taking on new meaning.
Last year before I started having problems, this 2003 cart would get up around 19 or 20 mph. I took it out last night just to see and it ran about 8 to 10 mph up or down hills then occasionally it would beep 5 or 6 times and come to a complete stop and then go into a 3 mph mode which is like u are standing still. Every once in a while it kicks in and goes a 14 or 15 mph.
It doesn't feel like it is going slow. It feels like it is dragging. What you would expect if it were pulling a ton of metal on a trailer.

I did the test on the MCOR and the MCOR passed the test. Everything I read about says it is likely the speed sensor or controller. Any thoughts on which one it might be?

Thank you.
Pepe30269 is offline   Reply With Quote