View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 09:13 PM   #7
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery and buzzer stay on after light kit install

You sound like you know what you are doing so I don't want to try to teach you to suck eggs, as the expression goes, but we need to take it a step at a time.

Check the batteries in the normal manner by measuring the voltages of each battery and the pack before and after charging (12 hrs after) and by monitoring the voltages of individual batteries under load (measure them while you're driving). There are plenty of threads here to tell you if the voltages you measure are OK. That should be your first check just to satisfy yourself that it is not the batteries. Remember to check the individual batteries because it only takes one bad egg.

In fact, you said you have the resources to try another light kit and another reducer so perhaps you can try another battery pack. Swap batteries from a mate's cart. If it still behaves the same then that should eliminate your batteries as the problem.

Next I would disconnect the lights (and any other 12V accessories) from the reducer so that you have a reducer connected to the cart but nothing connected to the reducer. If the cart runs normally then you should be able to eliminate the reducer itself, and its harness, as the problem.

Connect the light kit and see if the problem is still there. Try disconnecting individual parts of the light kit e.g. disconnect the headlights and test, then the tail-lights and test etc.

This is a long-winded way of saying I don't know what your problem is but test it logically one step at a time to see if you can narrow it down.

Good luck.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote