View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 03:06 PM   #9
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Tube bending for a Bimini top....???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplesstwo View Post
Your drawing looks a lot like the rear canopy supports for a stock RXV. Just need to extend them forward.
Hmmm.....why yes.....yes it does. BRILLIANT!!

I looked at the txt rear support and they are bent in a similar manner.....and I may, just may have my old one's from removing the standard roof and installing the "roll bar type" roof that I have now.

I ask this as I'm looking at a different type of vehicle. It qualifies as a "wheelchair" and is built for just one person. And, like any machine that I need to rely on to get me from point A to B in the outdoors, it has it's plus's and it's drawbacks.

There is no roof on this, so I'm looking to fabricate one that is not only usable, but also doesn't look like an old rag was wired onto a support strut. In the summer I cannot be under direct sun as it just "kills" me. It's a disease thing. My plan is to fab\install something simple, workable, and that looks good.

I'm also needing to install a winch, and will find a very small marine lithium battery to power that. My space is limited, so small is good!

I'm not getting rid of my EZ-GO cart as the EZ-GO will still have very useful purposes and places that it will work better.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote