View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Default Re: 1993 club car 36v POt. or V-Glide?

I will try to answer this for ya? If I miss something hopefully someone will chime in. You can use the VGlide if it "is" of the resistor type. Some have about 6 large battery cables going to those lugs on the outside of the VGlide--if it is that type, then no you can't use it.(well you could but it costs the same to upgrade the resistors as a pb-6). The advantage of using the Potbox over the VGlide with resistors is much smoother throttle response. The VGlide only gives you 5 or 6 throttle positions. The PotBox theoretically you have unlimited throttle positions and super smooth throttle response. You have to make sure the controller matches your resistor settings. I cant remember which is which but some are o-5k ohms resistance from no throttle to full throttle; others are reveresed 5K at no throttle to 0K at full throttle. I have a feeling it could really suck if they weren't matched components and you turned on that key. Hope this helps a little....since you have the potbox already, I would personally mount that in there. Its a bit more work but I feel you wuld be more happy with the results
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote