View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 09:16 PM   #5
locojo25
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1997 TXT carb issue

So I know it has been a very long time almost a year but I kind of gave up on the cart last year as I had alot more to worry about. But today I took the carb all apart cleaned it and reassembled it. It still was not running right and needed choke to keep it running. I really think it needs a new accelerator cable as it is very sloppy so I am going to order one. I noticed that when I pressed the pedal the starter was spinning but no movement at all on the carb. So I adjusted the throttle screw so that it would open instantly when I pressed the pedal and it is starting much better. I think the sloppy cable repair will aid in this. I am out of adjustment in the cable too by the way. So now that it was starting I took it for a ride and seemed very sluggish so I started to open the choke slightly and it took right off and ran great. I adjusted the choke so it was closed just a little bit and it's running very smooth now. And starting and taking off the way I think it should. I am assuming that the choke adjustment is not the proper way to fix it but it is running awesome. This brings me back to the missing baffle in the air box. I am now thinking that it is vital to be in there to help regulate the air flow and it is a must to be replaced. Hopefully I can find one to test my theory. I am hoping it just needs the restricted air flow and I can adjust my choke back to being fully open when not in use. I also pulled up the gps on my phone and while cruising I was averaging 15-16 mph and no surging with my governor. I hope I am on to something with this thing! Next will be the annoying rattle coming from my clutch...
locojo25 is offline   Reply With Quote