View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 07:14 PM   #1
locojo25
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1997 TXT carb issue

Excuse long windedness: I recently purchased a 1997 TXT with a 295 which physically was in very good condition. However it had small mechanical issues which I have slowly been correcting which leads me to my newest repair. I have replaced the voltage regulator, fuel pump and fuel filters. I also just recently adjusted the valves as per the instructions I found here. Now the cart will run decent but I must use the choke to start every single time whether cold or just shut off. My first idea was to disassemble the carb and do a full cleaning of it. Upon taking it apart I can see someone has been in there before and when they were they completely stripped the ears off of the main jet. Before I get creative with drills and ez outs would it be worth just replacing the carb? If I do go this route are the aftermarket carbs any good or should I stick with OEM? Is the carb even my main issue as to why it needs choking in order to start? I also don't believe that the metal baffle plate that bolts onto the carb through the airbox was present. Will this effect performance? I am trying to make this as reliable as possible as it is mostly my wife and child using the cart when we are at the race track. I would prefer to address this before I start adding my back seat and doing any spring or performance mods to allow the carrying of 4 adults. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

-Joe
locojo25 is offline   Reply With Quote