Old 09-30-2020, 07:56 AM   #43
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Gyroscopic drink holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotObsession17 View Post
Thanks EzIndyGo.

First off, don't get me started about beer, or we will hijack this forum LOL. I make my own beer, although I only have completed four batches thus far. You should see the inventions for brewing beer LOL.

2nd, yes I think you have summarized the idea well...extend a new larger bolt to accommodate the windshield and the gyro drink holder. Altho truth be told I am unclear what CI-ing means.

3rd, regarding the drink holder itself since ur stuck at home, I would gladly send you one for the cost of shipping. The only issue is I don't have the metal mounting bracket completed yet. It's just what you see in the pic. The current version was designed for an '98 EZGO TXT's 3/4" roof mount / strut. If you have a larger strut I could easily design it larger. It would be nice for someone to get their hands on it and provide first hand feedback.

PS Sorry for the lag in the response, was on a mini vacation.
If you don't wanna talk about beer, we can talk bourbon!

CI = Continuous Improvement. I'm a manufacturing engineer and the methodology is; Make it as good as you can in the time/resources allotted for the project. Then, learn as time goes on and continually improve your process, design, and/or equipment until the point of diminishing returns. Ironically, I went to school for automation and robotics but the job opportunity out of school (2009 job market) was tooling/fixturing design and process development for a lot of manual assembly.

If you're looking for feedback and critique, I'm more than happy to provide that, but in no way did I expect for you to just start giving these things away. You have a lot of time and effort into them. My 2003 EZGO is 3/4", but I also have a windshield. To be very honest, I'd maybe even investigate if I could modify it to go on my John Deere 2520 as well. I spill just as much beer on that thing as I do the TXT! I think it would just be a case of rigging up a different mounting adapter that would attach to your main holder piece.

I just love ideas like this that pop up. I seriously have a hard time shutting off my brain of how you can change little things here or there. The possibilities are endless!
EzIndyGo is offline   Reply With Quote