View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 05:00 AM   #8
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club car ds charging question!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzaayer22 View Post
Hey all!

I have a 1999 regen 2 recently converted to an IQ. I am having an issue with the charger not turning off. It's a new DPI charger. The pack shows 61+volts but the charger is still running showing 5-7 amps. My batteries start boiling and obviously stinking. All levels are fine and each battery ranges from 10-11 volts. The batteries are t875s and less than 6 months old. Obc is less than a month.

Should I let it charge even longer? I was under the impression the charger should shut off around 53 volts.
How long have you had this new DPI charger? And what do you consider stinking and boiling? Is the water level in the batteries actually going down, is there fluid building up on the top of the batteries under the vents? If the levels are fine then the batteries are not boiling. Putting your hand on the battery case should reveal a warm but not hot case. I have a DPI charger and if brings my batteries all the way up to 62/63 volts before switching to float charger and holding my my charge at 53 volts. So a voltage reading taken when still in the equalize mode may in deed read 10 to 11 volts per battery.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote