View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
jims72
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Chrysler ignition module and voltage regulator on g2

As the title says i have figured out how to wire in a chrysler ignition module or ecm and voltage regulator to my g2 in place of the ever expensive not so reliable gutless yamaha igniter and that expensive over priced voltage regulator that is on the cart now. the new ignition parts will cost you under 30 bucks from auto zone and carry a lifetime warranty. you also are able to retain a rev limiter but it caps out at 5600 rpm instead of 3500.Also i have figured out how to get a more reliable regulation of the voltage by installing the chrysler voltage reg.I was going to use an HEI but the chrysler ignition box is better in many aspects.main one being is it is water proof and vibration proof not to mention being 10x more reliable and capable of handling way more voltage than any stock hei ever could. I will show the diagram i used later if any here are in need of it or if you are interested.The main reason i did the switch was not for performance it was because yamaha is a bunch of greedy A$$^%!$ and want way to much for their stuff .So not only is this a cheaper more affordable route its actually smarter and more efficient.
jims72 is offline   Reply With Quote