Old 11-09-2007, 06:20 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Oil pump issues - need oil tubing schematic

Quote:
Originally Posted by uid73721 View Post
Hello,
I recently rebuilt my motor and I've reinstalled everything the way that it was (I think). The motor starts right up and runs fine, but it doesn't look like oil is flowing through my oil lines and oil pump. I may have hooked up the tubing incorrect? Can anyone take a picture of thier setup and email me? kennygollinger@hotmail.com
I premixed the gas/oil for now, but it looks like the oil lines deliver oil to more than just the engine, so I want to make sure bypassing the oil pump doesn't hurt anything else. Please help me with any details you can. I would hate to blow my engine after spending so much time fixing it. Thanks in advance.
There will be 3 hoses at the oil pump. #1-from the oil tank. #2-small hose to carberator. #3-hose to the muffler "jet sensor". To "prime" the pump, #1-there is a plastic removable cap (on top of the oil pump) take it off and you will see a phillips head screw (this is the "bleeder" screw) back off the screw and let the oil gravity feed out of the bleeder screw, when you see oil seeping out, tighten the screw. #2-Take the hose off the muffer and blow into it and "crimp" the hose (with visegrips). #3-Take off the drive belt or jack up the rear end to get tires off the ground. #4- Go to the passanger side inner rear fender, where the "CDI box" "snap/connects" into the main wire harness. You will see 6 wires. Disconnect the black/white wire only! This will alow the car to "Idle" and you may even want to turn the "throttle stop" screw in some to make a higher "RPM". And lastly...I recomend you have a squirt bottle of oil to squirt some oil into the carberator while your waiting to see the oil come out oil pump carb hose. Be patient, I've had cars that took almost 10 minutes to fully show the "pin head" of oil you need to show your pump is operating. I know this sounds like alot of work, it's not. Good Luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg monster truck 002.jpg (64.9 KB, 88 views)
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote