Old 01-30-2016, 09:14 AM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Club car goes then stops

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADCARTER View Post
I tested the yellow wire and it sparks when I touch it to the NEG
When I got home today before testing any wires the car would go then stop then go then stop repeatedly until I let of the throttle. Once I let off the throttle it wouldn't do anything. I have cleaned all corrosion and rust from every connection motor still clicks when I push the pedal. But doesn't go
We still haven't determined whether you have a series drive system or a Regen system. We need to determine which system you have before you start bypassing circuits and trying to narrow down your issue. Do you have a lever operated F&R switch or is it a toggle/rocker style switch mounted in a small plastic box?

Let's assume it's a series car, as most of these older cars were....

If the solenoid clicks every time you depress the pedal then there is no reason to try and bypass the OBC. All the OBC does as far as solenoid control is to supply a ground to the solenoid coil via the small yellow wire. If it's not clicking every time, make sure you are using the SMALL yellow wire on the solenoid and not the large one. If you're using the large one, you're going to get sparks as you describe. Run a jumper from the solenoid post with the small yellow wire to the MAIN negative battery post or the B- Negative post of the controller and see if the car operates normally. If it does, the OBC has failed. If it doesn't, let me know and we'll go from here.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote