View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 03:16 PM   #204
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extractor View Post
where in Florida are you? I just found out that my county does not allow golf carts on streets no matter what. I'll still get mine licensed just to mess with them cause I know they're going to pull me over just to mess with me. I've met most of them before so it's all good. Just do a little research first
Palm Beach County doesn't allow golf carts on streets either, but an LSV is no longer a golf cart and is the same as any assembled from parts vehicle. The county does have the right to exclude LSV's if they deem them unsafe for traffic but that would have to be voted in.

I just spoke with the Martin County Tax collectors office and was told that they DO issue registration, title and tags for LSV's and that they do NOT restrict LSV's. If I was told correctly, (please verify this yourself with the Martin County Tax Collector and/or the DMV here in PBC.) Believe me when I tell you that since this is NOT a normal everyday occurrence it takes a long time to get through the Tax Collectors Office, and a couple hours at the DMV. And you'll have to not mention Golf cart but do mention ASPT...
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote