Thread: Ready to rumble
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #10
mbolan
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ready to rumble

Bifferd it runs really good compared to the kf82 smoke bomb that was in it before. It really pulls like a big block in a car. You can be rolling along and push the pedal down and it growls and pulls. Kind of cool! I really haven't held it down too long since it only has about 5 miles on it. I suspect it will top out around 30mph since I've done nothing to increase rpm but put taller tires on it. But I promise it will get there a lot quicker than any original type engine. The only engine mods are a good non-restrictive air filter/intake and the removal of the governor. The exhaust is really free flowing right up to the muffler since I built the header out of 1 1/4 pipe. The muffler drops back to a 1" inlet and an even smaller outlet . Its a stock Club Car muffler. I like it though since its quiet. I'm pretty sure if I cut the outlet pipe off and welded on a larger one it would flow better but then I would probably have to rejet the carb. To be honest with you it runs plenty good as is. Someday if I get bored and have time I will play around.
mbolan is offline   Reply With Quote