View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 04:50 PM   #1
BTcruzur
Not Yet Wild

Default Need some insight

HI,
New guy trying to make a decision and would appreciate any insight from the experienced BGW. I'm looking to buy a (preferably electric) cart for our lake house. Although we're only a couple hundred yards from the lake my COPD has gotten the better of me. The paved hill to the house is approx. a 9% grade.
I became very interested in the ICON cart, but is impossible to get w/o driving 1000+ miles. I've since started looking at the eNVy, almost as impressive as ICON. I haven't been able to find anything much on them ( one passing mention on 1 BGW thread). They're 48 volt 5kw. AC brushless, with hdy. disc/drum. I haven't found out the motor or controller manufacturer, the on board? charger is a Lester. Any thoughts on eNVy ?
I guess my biggest concern is that 90% of the time it will only go those couple hundred yards a couple of times a day, don't forget 9% uphill. Is that going to be a problem for a "good" electric cart: ie -detrimental to the batteries and /or controller?
Sorry for the long winded question, but I'm anxious to get my mitts on a cart. Also, right now carts(new or used) are few and far between around here. Thanks
BTcruzur is offline   Reply With Quote