View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 05:54 AM   #7
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Differences in Club Car DS Spindles for Lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiPolarBear View Post
Also I think I have figured out why there is a different kit for the electric and gas versions of the same year.
The rear suspension is slightly different between the gas and electric models.
The electric has a thread on both ends of the shock and I the gas has a eye at one end.
Therefore the kits should be the same bar the new shock mount that comes with it.
It should be easy enough to modify if I decide to go down that route.
I just googled the diagrams on the golf cart parts direct website.

The kit I bought came with appropriate shock mounts for both style shocks. So it didn't matter which style shock I had. Not sure if they all do this.

Why do you say that spindle lifts are t the best option, just because they arent as strong or are they unstable?

They are not as stable. The a-arm lifts are stronger, yes. They also have better/new suspension, as they replace the factory spring and sometimes shocks mounting points depending on the kit you buy. However, they also have the ability to adjust camber. I do not believe the spindle lifts have the adjustable camber built in.

Ta
Two other things to keep in mind. You might need to buy shock extenders, depending on the amount of lift you go with. Also you might need to modify the end of your swing arm (engine cradle). Been long enough since I looked into this that I can't quite remember if these things are necessary for a gas GC or not. As I swapped mine over to an electric system.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote