View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 11:28 AM   #5
Welsh619
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2017 Yamaha Drive2 48v DC vs AC

Slow!? Ok so I can’t speak from personal experience but I’m in the same position as you and all the reading I’ve done over the past couple weeks has suggested the opposite. My understanding is that to get an ac cart to the same level as dc cart with a motor and controller (wires etc) that you only have to do the controller (and probably wires) and not only will it be just as fast but won’t produce nearly the heat so will last longer. Look up what these guys are doing with the Curtis controllers on stock rxv’s, reviews on guys doing ac conversions, and what all the lithium people are doing. I sure hope I’m not misspeaking here and please if I am someone correct me. Also the yamahadealer, for about $150, can get you 19mph from that stock ac cart with uh, speed code?, please someone else help me out here I don’t want to steer this guy wrong but I think hes is informed either that or I am and then I’d definitely I felt like to know ha! Also what do you plan on using the cart for? That seems to be the question that asked all the time... ok thanks and good luck.
Welsh619 is offline   Reply With Quote