View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 09:52 AM   #1
chrisp6108
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default new to hunting, first deer down!

as title says , im new to hunting, im 29 years old and been active outdoors almost all my life, grew up tournament bass fishing with my father at the age of 14 and became rather successfull with such, but decided to take on hunting last year, as no one in my family does it and dont have many friends that either, i was kinda on my own. i started hunting after gun season started so i knew i was a disadvantage, also same goes with hunting on public land, so lastyear i sat for about 6-7 days and didnt even see a single deer anywhere i was at. i did manage to find some rubs and scat and signs of deer but never movement while i was in a tree.

this year i was more proactive and got access to private land and the old gentlemen that let me use his land said hes got plent of deer and boy was he right!
ive hunted 6-7 times already this year and only during 1 sit did i not see a deer. ive passed on a smaller buck couple weeks ago and had a large doe sneak up behind me before i could see her to get a shot she was already covered up by alot of brush. so she ended up walking away.

but thursday at 940am i had a 6 point 2.5 year old come charging under my tree stand after a doe estres bleat call, and i mean he was 10 yards max from my stand, and then walked out right to the clearing in the path and was heading down to where he thought that call had come from. and thats when i got my shot.

hes not a huge deer by anymeans but for where im at, and being my FIRST deer ever, im stoaked it was a solid deer. field dressed at 140 lbs.
im waiting to get him back from the processor so i can work on mounting the antlers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApG_4PNCyjo

chrisp6108 is offline   Reply With Quote