View Single Post
Old 12-18-2022, 05:08 PM   #8
TheQMiami
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Lithium Batteries Help (Allied)

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
theres is a pretty flat energy curve with lithium so the old fashioned lead acid volt battery gauges dont really work very well until its really dead.

Also, the 3.2v in those batteries are 3.650v fully charged and like 3.1-3.2v when down to 20% which is about as low as you want to go with lifepo4 batteries without damging thier life expectancy... Since theres 4 cells in a 12 lifepo4 battery that means the battery still puts out about 12.8v when essentually fully discharged at the safe max. And the pack still puts out over 50v which is higher than the peak of the old 48v battery meter... in short you need a higher voltage battery meter preferably something like a digital meter. a digital volt meter or a programmable volt meter like this one im using now with my old batteries https://www.ebay.com/itm/265643697888?var=565431890126

works well.
Sorry for the late response, had some biz travel to get to and them family stuff. Thanks for the excellent response and I did find a meter that worked worked worthy system without having to buy the expensive Allied version. Seems all is fine and batteries are giving me around 30-35 miles on 80% of charge.

Dowside is that my charger gave a boom sound, spewed some smoke and won't turn on anymore as of a couple of days ago. The newer allied chargers are ver expensive. I have a snap plug and have posted pix with the info from my charger below. I figure I know it has to be LiFepo4 but don't know what amps I need. I'm also wondering if I can just switch out the connector to a universal aobibhave more options For charger as I can't seem to find one with this snap plug. Can anyone help or explain to me what it is I need and will 15A work? I'm so lost with the electrical info on these things.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20221217_130714.jpg (158.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20221217_173000.jpg (72.2 KB, 0 views)
TheQMiami is offline   Reply With Quote