View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 03:46 PM   #8
075Limited
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: **DIY 4x4 Golf Cart: ATV swap**

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL View Post
You could use a dash switch to controt a motorcycle rad fan. Also use an automotive oil cooler.
You hav done exactly what I did. Look for EZGO TXT with KVF700 and you might find more useful info.
The more vertical the shocks, the firmer the shocks, but less travel. LTf300 didn't have much travel to give up. You might be able to shim the shock spring. Most are removable by compressing the spring and shock in a press. Look closely and you'll probably see a removable keeper on the small end of the shock. PVC pipe makes good, cheap spacers.
Try to keep the LH engine cover accessible. Clutch is behind that and might need occasional "service".

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have a couple shim spacers laying around made specifically for the shocks I’m using in the front. Those should increase the stiffness and help out. I’m going to install an electronic solenoid to effectively separate the two rear air shocks which will prevent air from moving from one shock to the other around corners. I’m hoping these two changes will mitigate some of the swaying. There’s a surprising amount of room around the engine since it’s so small/compact so hopefully services will be pretty easy. Also, something pretty cool that came with the atv frame is that I can remove 6 bolts and the entire rear engine cradle with the rear suspension can drop out and be rolled out for more intense work.
075Limited is offline   Reply With Quote