View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 10:09 PM   #16
BenTheRogue
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha SRV 540 into 1981 Yamaha G1

PROGRESS:

I currently yanked the original engine out (while it was still warm from parking it ) and it took about 15 minutes. I then sat the mounting brace back in place JUST like it was while the engine was attached to it (Seriously, only one mount was still intact) and roughly mocked up the SRV engine in place. It does hit the underside of the hood, but I am hoping the lift will take care of that, plus it's not exactly seated how I want. The rod coming off of the rear diff for the governor/throttle thingy interferes with the carb barely, but if I am eliminating the governor clips then in theory I can just cut that rod off for more room.

Two issues I see though. One is how I am going to mount the starter/generator. Either I figure out some sort of pulley to go behind the SRV clutch like the original clutch has, or I put a pulley on the fan belt side and go through a mess of odd mounting ideas as well as having forward and reverse be ... reversed.

The other thing is how I am going to combine the two wiring harnesses, but I didn't really look deep into it yet so it might not be as bad as I am expecting it to be. The wiring on this cart has been a mess since I got it, so I plan on cleaning it up a bit as I go which should help me along.

BenTheRogue is offline   Reply With Quote